After a few weeks of beta testing, Samsung has today officially kicked off its Android Pie rollout starting with the Galaxy S9. Just a few hours after that, the company has posted a full roadmap of when to expect Android Pie updates on various Samsung devices over the next few months. Here’s what you need to know.
The best gifts for Android users
Confirmed directly within the Samsung Members app (via SamMobile), the company has confirmed a roadmap for Android Pie updates on over 20 different devices. That includes various smartphones of all price points as well as some tablets too. This roadmap starts off by reiterating the Galaxy S9/+ updates in January. Obviously, things have kicked off a bit early, though.
This roadmap also mentions that the Note 9 won’t see its update until February. Considering it was a couple of weeks between the S9’s beta program launch and the Note 9, that makes sense. From there, we’ll also see the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 getting updates in March of 2019.
It appears that Samsung plans to deliver Android Pie updates throughout 2019. The Galaxy Tab A 10.5 picks up its update last in October alongside some other Samsung tablets. The full roadmap is listed below and it’s unclear at the moment if any other Samsung devices are slated to get Android Pie updates.
- Galaxy S9 (January 2019)
- Galaxy S9+ (January 2019)
- Galaxy Note 9 (February 2019)
- Galaxy S8 (March 2019)
- Galaxy S8+ (March 2019)
- Galaxy Note 8 (March 2019)
- Galaxy A8 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy A8+ 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy A7 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy A9 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 (April 2019)
- Galaxy J4 (May 2019)
- Galaxy J4+ (May 2019)
- Galaxy J6 (May 2019)
- Galaxy J6+ (May 2019)
- Galaxy A8 Star (May 2019)
- Galaxy J7 2017 (July 2019)
- Galaxy J7 Duo (August 2019)
- Galaxy Xcover4 (September 2019)
- Galaxy J3 2017 (September 2019)
- Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 (September 2019)
- Galaxy Tab A 2017 (October 2019)
- Galaxy Tab Active2 (October 2019)
- Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (October 2019)
More on Samsung Android Pie updates:
- Official Android Pie update now rolling out to Galaxy S9 family in some regions
- Samsung One UI w/ Android Pie beta now available for Galaxy S9/S9+ in US, here’s how to get it
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie/One UI beta now available in US, here’s how to sign up